- GCSE grade 4 (C) or equivalent in English and mathematics.
- Educational experience in science, for example by possessing GCSE Science (grade 4 (C ) or above), A’ Level Physical Education or BTEC National in Sport.
- A 2:1 honours degree or equivalent with a substantial sport or physical education content. *
- A broad and balanced physical education, sport or dance background, particularly in activities associated with the national curriculum for physical education.
- The ability to swim a minimum of 200 metres continuously using two different strokes.
- Competence in ICT.
- Successful completion of the mandatory literacy and numeracy skills tests. As soon as you have registered with UCAS you will be able to book these tests. Our advice would be to do these sooner rather than later, but make sure you are fully prepared. There are plenty of online resources, including an app, to support you.
- Have met the government’s requirement for physical and mental fitness and have enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service clearance.
- Work experience in a secondary school physical education department is desirable but not essential.
* In exceptional circumstances we will consider applicants with a 2:2 degree.